The Hummingbird was on display in front of the Lycoming tent at Oshkosh 2023 to showcase the Thunderbolt engine installation. This is the first showing of a Hummingbird helicopter at Air Venture and it was overwhelming. People were lined up asking questions. Everyone thought it was a commercial helicopter and not an amateur build kit. People were able to see how large and roomy the cabin is compared to other helicopters.
This beautiful Hummingbird 300L, built by Vic Syracuse from Georgia, won the prestigious AirVenture Oshkosh 2023 Grand Champion Helicopter Award. The judging is based on the following qualifications:
- Quality of the workmanship & finish
- Quality of the design, manufacturing of parts & components
- Recognition that the helicopter actually flew over 900 miles to the show from Georgia, USA Performance
- Quality of the Building Manual, Instructions, Drawings, Maintenance Manual & Flight Manual
- Safety Provisions & Record
- Meets the FAA 51% Rule
If you want to know more about the Oshkosh experience go to the newsletter on our website. Open the newsletter for Oshkosh 2023.